Citing this work
For a list of authors see the contributors section in GitHub. Also, please use the following Digital Object Identifier.
Basic access, without internet access, is free; however, it is well-worth paying for premium access if you are going to support a class full of students or need internet access. Paying users get more resources and support - vital if you are to rely on it for paying students.
Some Benefits of CoCalc
- No installation or configuration necessary. Everything Just Works.
- Students can use it on any machine, any operating system, anywhere they like.
- Has built in course-management functionality.
- Allows collaborative editing of notebooks. (It’s like Google Docs for Jupyter notebooks.)
- Has built in real-time chatrooms for easy interaction with students and collaborators.
- Section 0 - Getting Started
- Section 1 - A Tour of CoCalc - An overview of some of CoCalc’s functionality
- Section 2 - Creating a Course - How to create a course
- Section 3 - Course Management - Detailed course management instructions
- Section 4 - Interacting with students and collaborators - Overview of methods to interact with students and collaborators
- Section 5 - Other useful features and tricks - Things that can make your life easier
- Grading in CoCalc - Blog post from a lecturer who uses SMC in teaching
- CoCalc on GitHub - The whole system is open source
- Videos tutorials on course management features in CoCalc
Students’ mini tutorials
We have added a students’ mini tutorial! This might be handy for when you implement your lectures.
Just click on the Students tab!
This work is licensed under CC-BY 3.0.
- Human readable description of the license - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Legal text of the license - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mikecroucher/SMC_tutorial/master/license.txt