Basic access, without internet access and low-grade hosting quality, is free; however, it is well-worth paying for premium access if you are going to support a class full of students or need internet access. Paying users get more resources and support - vital if you are to rely on it for paying students.
Read more about how how to pay for a course in the CoCalc Wiki.
Some Benefits of CoCalc
- No installation or configuration necessary. Everything Just Works.
- Students can use it on any machine, any operating system, anywhere they like.
- Has built in course-management functionality.
- Allows collaborative editing of notebooks. (It’s like Google Docs for Jupyter notebooks.)
- Has built in real-time chatrooms for easy interaction with students and collaborators.
All material moved to the more comprehensive CoCalc Manual
- Grading in CoCalc - Blog post from a lecturer who uses CoCalc in teaching
- CoCalc on GitHub - The whole system is open source
- CoCalc Docker distribution - install the CoCalc platform on your own machine
- Video tutorials on course management features in CoCalc
- The Course Management FAQ
Students’ mini tutorials
We have added a students’ mini tutorial! This might be handy for when you implement your lectures.
Just click on the Students tab!
This work is licensed under CC-BY 3.0.
Citing this work
For a list of authors see the contributors section.